International applicants with foreign educational credentials must apply online via the service agency for international students uni-ASSIST. (For more information, please refer to the information sheet on the uni-ASSIST application procedure. Please note that you will also be required to submit documents (signed documents, certified copies) in paper form.)
We recommend that you submit the accompanying documents to uni-ASSIST at least 6 weeks before the deadline. The date of incoming mail will apply.
National students with a university entrance qualification can apply via the online application tool.
(Please refer to the information provided on the uni-ASSIST online application portal)
- Higher education entrance certificate / Secondary school leaving certificate with list of grades attained (also required when applying for Master’s degree programmes)
- Proof that applicant has passed the entrance examination required for admission to an institution of higher education in applicant’s home country
- Proof of completed periods of university study, university qualifications
- Proof of adequate proficiency in German
- Applicants from China, Vietnam or Mongolia must provide a certificate (original document only) from the relevant academic verification centre (APS – Akademische Prüfstelle)
All certificates and supporting documents submitted must be officially certified copies and must be accompanied by an officially certified translation. Note: Translations are not required if the original documents are in English.