htw saar is committed to providing equal opportunities for students with special needs. If you are interested in studying at the University, you applied for a programme at htw saar, or you are already enrolled and have special needs (such as mental and physical, chronic, somatic and psychiatric illnesses, specific performance deficits and other long-term impairments), you can find support and assistance on campus. Caregivers as well as faculty and staff members can certainly also seek advice there.
- Counselling and care
- Counselling and advice for faculty and staff in dealing with (future) students with special needs
- Advising the Office of the Rector on establishing a "University for Everyone"
- Initiating participation in structural changes and processes (e.g., services, legal framework conditions)
- Coordinating and organising presentations and events on "Studying with special needs or a chronic/psychiatric illness"
- Public Relations
(Prospective) students with special needs can seek advice in regards to:
- Compensation for disadvantage
- Preparing a study plan