Money for the semester fee, rent, health insurance, phone, books, leisure ...

Even though htw saar does not charge you any tution, you will need approximately 1.000 Euro a months to afford your student life.

So, before you begin your studies, you will have to prove that you have enough money to support yourself. The document you need is called a “Finanzierungsnachweis”, or proof of financial resources. In most cases, applicants have to prove that they have around 10,332 euros at their disposal for one year. This amount of money is called "Regelbedarf", which means it is the amount of money that is estimated to be needed by a student to live in Germany for one year.

Find out more about the proof of financial resources here:

Proof of Financing