What are the academic admission requirements for applicants with a German Hochschulzugangsbe­rechtigung?

Applicants who have a university entrance qualification ("Hochschulzugangsbe­rechtigung", "HZB") for German universities or German universities of applied sciences can directly apply at htw saar.

What are the academic admission requirements for applicants without a German Hochschulzugangsberechtigung?

Applicants without "Hochschulzugangsbe­rechtigung," "HZB" must first apply via uni-assist to receive the necessary VPD (preliminary review documentation).

You can submit your documents for a VPD check any time during the year. Please check what documents are required and to which address they need to be sent via mail. Please note that it takes at least six weeks to receive your VPD from uni-assist.

After receiving your VPD from uni-assist, please apply directly to

htw saar 

Are there any language certificates required for applying for the International Business program?

Applicants without a German Hochschulzugangsberechtigung must prove their English and German language proficiency at English level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and German level B1 of the CEFR.

For applicants with a German Hochschulzugangsberechtigung a proof of English level B2 is sufficient.

Why do I need a language certificate, German B1, as the program is taught in English?

We want students to be able to integrate into German social life during their studies. Therefore, students should be able to communicate with the administrative authorities in Germany.

Is it possible to submit a language certificate after the application deadline?

No, a later submission of a language certificate is not possible.

How can I prove my English language level?

You need a certified English at level B2 (CEFR) check the link below to see what certificate are accepted by the university.

Is there any support for international students?

Yes, there are several services, especially for international applicants, after they have proof of uni-assist.

  • Visa matters
  • Welcome events
  • Tutors
  • Accompanying program
  • Specialist counseling
  • Cultural and linguistic preparation


Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft
des Saarlandes
Goebenstraße 40
66117 Saarbrücken

Telefon: (0681) 58 67 - 0
Telefax: (0681) 58 67 - 122
E-Mail: info@htwsaar.de

Ministerium der Finanzen und für Wissenschaft des Saarlandes

Folge uns